Sports and Hobbies
How to Clean an Air Force One
“I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes.” Oprah Winfrey. Just imagine how life can be when you’re using Nike’s Air Force One- with its simple balanced color but classic design pair of shoes; for sure everyone wants to have these on their feet. This is a masterpiece for those who love simplicity and style. It is probably one of the best-selling Nikes that would fit for most outfits you’ve intended to wear.
Light -colored shoes, when dirt and mud stains it, would be a little difficult for you to clean. Likewise with white sneakers but luckily cleaning isn’t a problem on your Nike Air Force One! Cleaning is as simple as a piece of cake for with its leather upper that doesn’t soak up dirt and stains, all you have to do is remove whatever dirt, dust or grass stains have accumulated there.
All the cleaning you have to do is:
- Prepare all the necessary stuffs needed for the cleaning such as an old toothbrush, baking soda, vinegar, soap and a damp cloth.
- In a container mix one-part of baking soda into three-parts of vinegar and mix it well. This will serves as the cleaning solution to whiten the sneakers and making it shiny and sparkly.
- Remove the laces and soles and set aside. Place them in a separate container or in a small basin for the mixture.
- Plunge the toothbrush into the solution and start brushing the shoes to remove all dirt and dust. Start from the top then to the bottom. Scrub it gently until all the stains are removed. Repeat the step on the other shoe.
- Using the same solution use it on the sole and laces.
- If some dirt is hard to removed, use a small amount of soap, mix it with water and start scrubbing on the dirty part.
- Rinse it well and wipe the shoes with damp cloth.
- Allow it to dry in an open space where there is enough sunlight and air. But do not let it become exposed to direct heat.
- Once they all are dry, put the laces and sole back on and make sure that they are properly placed.
These simple cleaning tips can be used on all kinds of white sneakers or footwear. Always remember to use the right cleaning solutions and test for colorfastness before applying it on your shoes or sneakers. Keep this concept in mind: expensive shoes are no match against a clean, comfortable and cool pair of shoes.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!