Aluminum Blinds is the most widely used blinds due to its efficiency, durability and cheap price. But no matter what type of blinds you have, you should take good care of it along with other furniture of your home. Taking care of the Aluminum Blinds can be achieved by cleaning it regularly to hinder the build-up of dust and accumulation of dirt, hence it will ensure that the air in your home is clean and bacteria free.
We all know or maybe some of us often take for granted in cleaning the window blinds until we observed the build-up of dust and dirt on its slats, thus forcing us to clean it up. Cleaning your blinds at least once a week will help you to avoid replacing it from time to time, thus, saves you more money and importantly reduce the time you will need to remove your blinds for more intense cleaning.
Still having problem how to clean your Aluminum Blinds? Don’t you worry, its just easy and you will not spend all day from cleaning it. Using various items found on your home can do the trick, which saves you more time and money.
The easiest way to clean Aluminum Blinds is through dusting. But dusting method may vary if you have respiratory ailments such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma, in which attacks can be triggered by inhalation of dust. To prevent a severe dust allergy attacks, you may use a static duster that attracts dust like a magnet or a vacuum with a small bristle brush attached to it to avoid spreading the dust all over the place.
Let us start cleaning by following these easy and simple instructions:
- Close the blinds and move the duster from side to side, sweeping each slats to remove the dust.
- Reverse the slats and repeat the sweeping motion.
- To ensure a dust free Aluminum blinds, do a deeper dusting by opening the blinds and run the duster in between of each slats using the similar sweeping motion from side to side.
- If the Aluminum Blinds have a serious build-up of dirt, it is best to soak your blinds on a tub with a mixture of mild soap such as a dishwashing liquid and a warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes to soften the dirt for easy removal. But don’t over soak them for some Aluminum Blinds may rust easily.
- After soaking, sweep the slats down with the use of wet cloth or cotton socks to remove the dirt.
- Rinse the blinds thoroughly and then hang the Aluminum Blinds with the slats open on a bar to dry.
- Make sure the blinds are totally dry before placing it back in your windows, for moisture tends to attract dust and dirt. And we are finish cleaning up the blinds.
By just following this easy steps and making a habit of dusting it regularly, you will surely keep your Aluminum Blinds in good shape, dust and dirt free. And you avoid heavy cleaning.