Sports and Hobbies
How to Clean a Chuck Taylor
Charles Hollis, an Americanbasketball player and shoe salesman/evangelist, is best known for his association with the Chuck Taylor All-Stars sneaker, the most successful selling basketball shoe in history. Chuck Taylor shoes came as no surprise to amaze the world with their cool and unique designs of their shoes and who better than shoe giant, Converse, to take the reigns and lead the industry. But no matter how cool, sophisticated or unique your chucks are, once it’s dirty and dusty it may look worn before it will. Proper cleaning is all needed to make your chucks ready to go.
These are the procedures on how to clean your Chuck Taylor:
- Prepare all the materials needed for cleaning like basin, brush, soap and water. This will save time and effort upon cleaning.
- Get some water and soap. Any kind of soap will do but there are great detergent powders or liquid soaps that can easily remove stains or discolorations.
- Remove the shoelaces and midsoles and set them aside. These should be washed separately.
- Fill the basin with water and add some detergent soap to make soapy water. Put the shoe laces and midsole. Hand wash the laces and a brush could be used to clean the midsoles. An old toothbrush will also do the job.
- Then rinse it with running water and hang dry under direct sunlight or with a use of a dryer. Once it is dry, set aside until the shoes is done cleaning.
- A baby wipe or damp cloth can also be use in getting rid of any accumulated dirt on the sole sides. Just wipe it until the dirt is completely removed.
- To get the shoes thoroughly clean, get a basin with soapy water and wash the shoes. Using the brush, scrub gently each side including the sole and inside part.
- Thoroughly rinse with running water until the soap residue is gone. Then thoroughly wipe it with a wet towel followed with a cloth and let it dry. Hang the shoes were it can get enough air but not under direct sunlight. Refrain from using machine wash and dryer because this might harm the shoes.
Make every chuck good as new. Avoid throwing dirty shoes into the washing machine or in the dryer. It is best to hand wash them. Like any pair of shoes, each chuck taylor must be handled with care. And to make it always clean, follow the tips mentioned above.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!