Clothes and Garments
How to Clean Cycling Shoes
Cycling shoes are known for their incredible durability and stiff soles that can outlast bike pedals. These types of shoes are uncomfortable to walk in and are designed for the sole purpose of biking. It is lightweight and offers good ventilation. Materials used such as carbon fiber are used to increase the stiffness of the soles. Cleaning these shoes must be done at least twice a month to keep them in good shape.
These are the ways on how to clean cycling shoes:
- Prepare the necessary materials needed for cleaning like detergent soap or liquid, soft brush; bucket filled with water, white vinegar for stain removal and kitchen towels for drying.
- Cleaning materials must be prepared first to be more efficient and time saving in cleaning. Avoid using harsh chemicals when cleaning. Any cleaning soap that comes in different forms or brand can be used as long as it is safe with the shoes and contains no foul ingredients.
- Fill the bucket with water and add an ample amount of detergent soap. Mix it well until it is soapy enough to remove dirt on the shoes. Add more soap if needed to ensure proper cleaning.
- Remove the shoe laces and in soles from the shoes. If the inserts are glued and cannot be removed, just simply leave them. There are shoes with detachable in soles or inserts and others are glued. Better leave them if that’s the case. Do not forcefully remove.
- Soak the shoes in a bucket with soap solution for about 20 minutes. This will allow stains to be completely removed as well as deep-seated dirt. If there are still stains or dirt, allow another soaking time for 30 minutes.
- After soaking, remove the shoes and brush off dirt and stains using a soft brush. A tooth brush is much easier to use because it has a long handle and soft brittles which is ideal for shoes. Apply pressure on brushing to completely remove stains.
- If there are stubborn stains that cannot be removed with soap, apply white vinegar. Add a small amount on the stains and wait for a couple of minutes until the stains are removed.
- Rinse the shoes with running water. Make sure that all residues are removed. Dry the shoes using kitchen towels. This will help absorb excess water and maintain the shoe’s shape. Allow the shoes to dry for about 24 hours.
Be careful in cleaning the shoes. Do not apply bleach even if the shoes are white because this will alter the shoes’ appearance. Be gentle in brushing the shoes so that it won’t tear.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!
|[…] look new every after use. As a dancer, you would always want to have that perfectly fit and shape shoes. There are proper ways on how you can clean your dancing shoes. The following steps are basic steps […]|