Sports and Hobbies
How to Clean DC Shoes
DC Shoes is an American company that specializes in footwear for extreme sports, skateboarding and snow boarding. And it is the world’s finest maker of quality footwear. DC Shoes was among the first to capitalize on the skateboard, snowboard, and adventure sports niche market. The brand has different designs suited for any age. Each sneakers prize’ range from US $36 to US $ 99.95. But even with quality and expensive shoes, we still get it dusty and dirty as we use it everyday. To make the shoes look brand new there are few cleaning tips to follow.
These are the procedures on how to clean your DC shoes:
- Prepare all the materials needed for cleaning like basin, brush, soap and water. This will save time and effort upon cleaning.
- Get some water and soap. Any kind of soap will do but there are great detergent powders or liquid soaps that can easily removed stains or discolorations that are available in the market.
- Remove the shoelaces and midsoles and set them aside. These should be washed separately.
- Fill the basin with water and add some detergent soap to make soapy water. Put the shoe laces and midsole. Hand wash the laces and a brush could be use to clean the midsoles. An old toothbrush will also do the job.
- Then rinse it with running water and hang dry under direct sunlight or with a use of a dryer. Once it is dry, set aside until the shoes is done cleaning.
- A baby wipe or damp cloth can also be use in getting rid of any accumulated dirt on the sole sides. Just wipe it until dirt is completely removed.
- To get the shoes thoroughly clean, get a basin with soapy water and wash the shoes. Using the brush, scrub gently each side including the sole and inside part.
- Thoroughly rinse with running water until soap residue is gone. Then thoroughly wipe it with wet towel then followed with a cloth and let it dry. Hang the shoes were it can get enough air but not with direct sunlight. Refrain from using machine wash and dryer because this might harm the shoes.
To keep the shoes clean just follow the cleaning tips mentioned above. Remember not throw your DC shoes in the washing machine or put in a dryer. It should always be hand wash. Take good care of your shoes because as they say good shoes take you to good places.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!
|[…] These simple cleaning tips can be used on all kinds of white sneakers or footwear. Always remember to use the right cleaning solutions and test for colorfastness before applying it on your shoes or sneakers. Keep this concept in mind: expensive shoes are no match against a clean, comfortable and cool pair of shoes. […]|