Tools and Equipment
How to Clean a Dehumidifier
Frequent washings will help the dehumidifier lasts longer and function better. Due to dust and other debris acquired around the cold and warm circles, blades and in the water container in a short time, you should keep clean and maintain the dehumidifier. Dust and other debris could cause damage to the dehumidifier that prevents it from working properly. Cleaning your dehumidifier once or twice monthly will also save you money in the long run.
- Detach the lake box from the dehumidifier. Even though this box is merely used to retain water, still it needs to be washed at least two times a month. Use a wet fabric to get rid of excessive dirt or contaminants within the pot. Allow pot to dry out before using.
- Take away the air conditioning filter from your dehumidifier. Look at the filtration to find out whether this must be changed or not. The guidebook will tell you how often you need to change the air filter. Do as instructed to make sure your dehumidifier is working properly always.
- Thoroughly clean all rings in the dehumidifier. Use a small cleaner to eliminate buildup, oil as well as other contaminants.
- Clean the blades with the fan using a damp fabric. Remove all dirt and buildup.
- Check the interior of the dehumidifier to ensure every component retain its proper state and in working order. If virtually any parts seem damaged, seek advice from the user’s manual or even contact a home-appliance technician.
- Reattach all the parts of the humidifier right after cleaning before turning this on again.
- Instead of changing the air filtration system, you might be capable of cleaning it using a combination of bleach as well as water. Blend two tablespoon of chlorine bleach along with a gallon of water. Put the filtration system in to the water for five minutes. Allow the filtration system to dry up just before re-attaching it to the dehumidifier.
- By no means attempt to repair or even fix parts of the dehumidifier unless you understand what you are doing.
For the appropriate maintenance of your dehumidifier and to ensure that the dehumidifier is working properly, cleaning the dehumidifier is of utmost importance.
Any dehumidifier functions to cool the air and related product works in a same manner. If you come across a problem with your dehumidifier, it will be restored the same way as you restore an air strengthener. As a result, a dehumidifier doesn’t require much cleaning apart from changing the filter.
When the filtration system and coils of the dehumidifier is blocked with dirt, it may not grab moisture from your air correctly. The effectiveness of the dehumidifier gets reduced when it gets dirty, so proper maintenance is recommended.
Also before cleaning the dehumidifier, make sure that it’s unplugged. To ensure the durability of your dehumidifier, do not turn it off after it turns on instantly. Wait at least 10-15 minutes for the dehumidifier to stand after you power it down.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!