Clothes and Garments
How to Clean Desert Boots
Desert boots are tougher than the usual boots who are used by many: men and women to glam up their feet and to match their wardrobes. Desert boots are oftentimes called combat boots because they are designed for outdoor and rougher activities.
Here are some guidelines on how to clean desert boots:
- First stop, you will need a repellant spray, soft bristled-brush, clean cloth, towel, water and suede and leather cleaner.
- Clean the insoles of the boots by using a wet towel. Wipe on the sides to remove caking mud and unwanted earth dirt. If they are really muddy, you can soak them with water and use mild detergents to wash them off. Let them air-dry before proceeding to the next step.
- Brush the upper part of your desert boots in a brisk but gentle way. Wipe off the formed dirt on the outer surface using a clean cloth moistened with a little amount of water.
- Do the same thing within the inside parts of the boots.
- Brush only in one direction to avoid pulling the leather and suede the boots are made of. Careless brushing will cause your desert boots to deform.
- Careful not to overdo the brushing on the areas made of suede. Suede is more sensitive compared to leather.
- If your boots are made of other material aside from leather like canvass, mesh or hard cloths, you may opt to use soft-felt cloths to remove their dirt and stains.
- Wipe the soles and make sure the boots are totally clean and dry.
- Finish the task by applying a deodorizer or repellant spray. This will help the boots in pristine shape and in a crisp form.
- It is best not to wet your desert boots because leather materials aren’t water-proof. But if they really need thorough cleaning then it won’t be bad, but not regularly to be soaked in water.
- Do not leave your wet desert boots to dry in a damp and cold area or place. Leather materials are more likely prone to collect harmful bacteria and even an unpleasant smell and might give you allergies when resumed in use.
You’ll appreciate your effort in taking time cleaning your boots when you wear them looking fresh and dirt-free. Boots are now one of the splashing footsies the fashion industry is up to. Boots in any color, design and style are best worn with almost anything: jeans, shorts, skirts and dresses and even paired with lovely gowns. The choices are endless once you have the talent to mix and match and most likely when your pair of desert boots just came from a personalized cleaning.
Well-adapted movies on big screens are cast playing stars in pairs of lovely boots for rugged to romantic settings and viewers tend to imitate all the scenes they’ve watched even what the characters wear. Teens, young adults and even oldies, men and women find a heart to own a pair of boots, may not be that necessary but at least most people have the knowledge that there are boots and they exist not only in movies.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!
|[…] days are the big consumer of boots. The shoes are designed to give protection from the icy weather. Boots come in different styles: tall, medium tall and those which look like sneakers, the difference […]|