Children, Infant and Baby Care
How to Clean Dog Toys
Dog toys should be regularly cleaned as it can easily get dirty. Presence of dirt particles can aid in bacteria build up, and eventually makes your dog sick. Cleaning dog toys is simple and doesn’t require expensive materials to make it good as new.
Here are the instructions in cleaning dog toys:
- Collect all dirty dog toys and sort them into groups. Place the fabric toys into your laundry basket. Meanwhile, place the rubber and plastic toys in a bucket. Discard all damage toys as they may choke your dog.
- Get another bucket and fill in warm water. Add at least half cup of bleach into the bucket and mix.
- Place all the plastic and rubber toys inside the bucket with your soapy solution and let it soak for 30 minutes to an hour.
- After soaking, scrub the toys piece by piece using a brush to loosen up dirt particles.
- Remove your dog toys and place it inside an empty bucket.
- Fill the bucket with warm water and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the toys and rinse it again with running water one piece at a time. Make certain to remove any soap residue as this can harm your dog.
- For fabric toys, soak all the toys in a bucket with warm water and laundry detergent. You can also add a small amount of bleach to properly remove dirt particles.
- Remove the fabric toys and rinse it with hot water to properly eliminate soap residue.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Allow the toys to dry under the heat of the sun for several days.
The sun’s heat can also kill bacteria naturally. Make sure to rinse your dog toys properly. You can also use a washing machine in cleaning dog toys made of fabric or cloth. Hot water also works best in killing bacteria.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!