How to Clean a Dry Erase Board
A dry erase board may fail to erase over time. In contemporary society, dry erase boards that are being produced consist of magnetic materials that are more effective and durable as compared to traditional nonmagnetic melamine erase boards. Maintaining a clean dry erase board doesn’t need expensive cleaning tools as the cleaning agent can be obtained at home.
The things that you will need are lint free cloth or microfiber cloth, empty bottle spray, mild liquid soap, water, plastic bowl, baking soda and sponge.
Here are the steps in cleaning dry erase board:
- Erase the entire board with a lint free cloth. Use a fresh marker in cleaning dry marks. Write on the dry marks and allow the fresh ink to dry completely. After it has dried, wipe the board again with a lint free cloth. This is a general cleaning application in removing dry marks. However, if it doesn’t work anymore, proceed on the next step.
- Pour in half cup of warm water into an empty bottle spray and add half cup of isopropyl alcohol. Shake the bottle to mix the alcohol solution.
- Spray the entire surface of your dry erase board and gently scrub the stained area with a soft cotton cloth.
- Repeat spraying and scrubbing the soiled area. Remove as much inks as possible.
- Use another soft cotton cloth and moisten it with lukewarm water. Remove excess water to avoid liquid spills. Wipe the entire surface of your dry erase board to remove any residue.
- Wipe the surface with a dry lint free cloth and allow the board to completely dry.
- In order to restore the magnetic dry erase board, get another soft cotton cloth. Get a plastic bowl and pour in ½ cup of baking soda. Add ¼ cup of water into the bowl and mix it properly.
- Immerse the cloth into the baking soda solution and remove excess water.
- Wipe the cloth into the surface of your dry erase board.
- Rinse the surface with lukewarm water and sponge. Make certain to remove any baking soda residue.
- Wipe the area with a microfiber cloth or a lint free cloth to completely dry.
Avoid using harsh cleaning agent in cleaning dry erase board as it can permanently damage the surface of your board. You can also purchase commercial cleaning agent for cleaning dry erase board as this can be safely used in removing dry stain.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!