Cars should have a regular maintenance to ensure that it will always work perfectly while on the road and avoid car accidents. Cleaning every part of the car is one way to maintain the best condition of your car. Some just bring their car to the nearest car wash and maintenance shop and let the car maintenance experts do their job. This can be a good method but it would be a lot better if you personally know how to clean every part of your car. Here are some of the procedures in cleaning some of the essential parts of your car:
1. Look for and buy an effective engine cleaner that can effectively scrape and wipe away excessive grease, oil and petroleum-based substances.
2. Fill up a container with the engine cleaner you bought. This is where you will put into all the parts you have to clean.
3. Disassemble the engine parts. It is a big no-no to clean the engine parts if they are still with the engine. Remove the parts from the mountings.
4. Separate the rubber and the plastic parts of the engine and make sure that there is no rubber and plastic substances exposed to the cleaner you bought because it can dissolve them. You can easily clean the rubber and plastic parts with basic soap and water solution.
5. Clean the other parts of the engine individually. Soak them into the cleaner solution you made initially and then wipe the grease away using wire brush. After you are fully satisfied cleaning the engine parts, let it dry.
6. Clean the body of the engine. Now that you have cleaned the parts, you then need to wash the engine body left in your car with detergent and water solution.
7. When the engine body, engine parts and the plastic and rubber components have totally dried already, it is now time to put it back into the car. Get the rubber and plastic component and pair it back with the engine parts. Refit the engine parts into the body. Make sure that you put it back properly sealed and you can check that by using little amount of grease. After you have reassembled the engine, give some hours to make sure that the parts are already dry and then test-drive your car.
A clean and a properly maintained car is a good representation of a responsible car owner. There are more chances that one can avoid accidents and car trouble if the car is always in a good maintenance condition.
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!