Accessories and Jewelry
How to Clean Diamond Rings
Diamond rings can easily magnet dirt particles especially at the back portion. Dirt build ups are due to soap deposits, hand lotion and everyday grime. With this, proper cleaning is essential to maintain its clear and sparkling appearance.
The things that you will need are lint free cloth, sink, hot water, distilled water, small bowl and jewelry box. Here are the steps in cleaning diamond rings:
- Make sure to close the drain in your sink.
- Fill your sink with hot water and allow the ring to sit for few minutes.
- Remove your diamond ring with tongs and set it aside.
- Get a small bowl and add your ivory dishwashing liquid. Fill in water in moderate amount and mix.
- Soak the diamond ring into the glass bowl with ivory dishwashing solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After soaking, get a soft bristle brush and gently scrub the diamond ring using small round motion. Rinse the ring with warm water.
- Fill the sink with hot water again and let the ring sit for another 5 minutes.
- Get the ring and rinse it well with distilled water.
- Wipe the diamond ring using a lint free cloth.
- Allow the ring to air dry for several minutes.
- Place it back to your jewelry box.
If your ring has multiple gems, make sure to use mild cleaning solution first to make sure you won’t damage other stones. Use rubber gloves if you intend to use chlorine as a cleaning solution. You can also use a wooden toothpick in cleaning back portion of your diamond ring.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!
|[…] Diamond ring, as they say, is a symbol of everlasting love. Any woman who owns a diamond ring will definitely want to maintain its brilliant and shiny appearance. Cleaning a diamond ring is easy and the cleaning materials are just available at home. […]|
|[…] zirconia stone is widely used as a fashion statement. Aside from its diamond – like appearance, it is also desired due to its cheap price. However, proper cleaning is […]|